Seasonal Wine Ideas
Our season feature will help you do just that with entertaining tips and recipes for the way to entertain during each season.
- During the Winter, nothing is more inviting than coming in from the cold to a warm home with friends and family. It's only natural that we gather in warmth and coziness this time of year.
- Brandy is always a holiday favorite, especially when served with a chocolate desert beside a blazing fire. Visit Cask & Cream and E& J XO Brandy websites which feature some great drink ideas to warm you up during the holidays!
- This is the busiest time of year for entertaining, so make sure you're stocked up with a good selection of wine, including plenty of Pinot Noir and Viognier for turkey dinners and champagne for celebrating!
- Consider buying a Magnum of wine for an impressive way to serve all your guests at the holiday dinner table.
- During the spring, decorate with bright colors like yellows, blues, and greens to capture Spring's spirit of rebirth.
- Fields are full of wild flowers in spring, pick or buy wild flowers to evoke a springtime setting.
- Plan an Easter Brunch party and serve plenty of summer fruits to remind your guests of the coming summer. Include an Easter egg hunt to keep the kids entertained.
- Throw a "Release Party", to taste some of the newly-released white wines from last year's harvest that are the most current vintage.
- Mirassou wines are the perfect complement to any spring gathering with the bright vibrant label and approachable, enjoyable taste of the wine style!
- Depending on where you live, consider starting your entertaining early to take advantage of a warm evening in your garden or on a patio.
- Decorate with fresh-cut summer flowers or even aromatic summer herbs like lavender, rosemary, and sage.
- Plan an outdoor picnic party, serving gourmet sandwiches and artisan cheeses, coupled with light, crisp white wines like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, or Rosé.
- Stock up with BBQ-friendly red wines, like Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Zinfandel to pair perfectly with grilled meats and vegetables.
- Barefoot wines are the perfect addition to any summer gathering making it a relaxed and enjoyable setting!
- Decorate tables with fallen leaves from your yard- the color will be a wonderful ad to the fall table!
- Make table displays with corn stalks and small pumpkins or gourds, which are the perfect display piece and will get guests in a fall mood.
- Celebrate the abundance of fall with a variety of small dishes containing seasonal produce such as olives and stuffed mushrooms.
- It's harvest season in Napa Valley so buy grapes to display alongside bottles of the wines you're serving.
- As the weather is cooling down, Louis Martini wines are the perfect addition to any fall gathering. The rich Cabernet Sauvignons that are sure to please any guest.